10 Critical Features for Developing an Engineering Mindset
One of the primary goals of engineering education is to promote the development of an engineering mindset. Also referred to as ‘engineering practices’ or ‘engineering habits of mind’, the engineering mindset refers to the values, attitudes, and thinking skills associated with engineering.
Engineering Mindset Activities
- Deep Dive into each Engineering Mindset Practice - Christine Cunningham
LISTEN TO RECORDING 1, RECORDING 2, RECORDING 3
- Curiosity Machine Design Challenges - Hands on, project-based, STEM activities
- Introducing Artificial Intelligence Using Curiosity Machine
- Poster: Engineering Mindset Graphic - This printable graphic presents the 10 critical engineering practices and shows how they all contribute to the development of an engineering mindset.
- Article: What STEM Mindset Is … and Why Everyone Should Have One - This article describes how 21st century skills, growth mindset, and habits of mind all contribute to a STEM mindset
- Article and Activities: What is Engineering? Video For Kids | Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grade - activities and learning supported by videos and hands-on activities. Materials are easy to find at home and familiar to kids.